Monday, January 12, 2009

De-fishing, not a Monty Python joke!

Just a short entry about a function that I finally got a chance to try, namely, the de-fishing function in
Nikon Capture NX 2.

I bought a AF DX Fisheye-NIKKOR 10.5mm f/2.8G ED in Hong Kong almost a year ago while I was visiting my sister who moved there. However, it creates rather extreme images and I read that Nikons software could defish the image if it was taken in RAW-format (.NEF)



Managed to locate a few images and give it a try, must say I'm very pleased with the function!
I think this might calm my lust for a regular wide-angle lens like the Sigma 10-20mm for some time... =)

A few examples.

Original shot:


De-fished version:


And there is a third option, to see the whole uncropped image:


And finally an other image from my area on Fotosidan:


In retrospect, I wish I had shot more photos in RAW...

No comments:

Post a Comment