Friday, April 9, 2010

Micro test run of macro...

Last weekend I finally got my hands on a Tamron SP AF 180mm f/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro 1:1 lens(short and snappy name, yes?) for Nikon.

Managed to get some shots then but on the way home I got a bad cold and haven't really been able to go and shoot with it as I would have liked. Today however I did go out and to my surprise the sun was actually shining and there was lot of light, the week has been pretty dull otherwise.

First victims was some crocus flowers outside the flat. Didn't really want crawl on the ground here to get the best angle so I only took a quick shot using the tripod.
Next up was a familiar vehicle. Just for comparison with my 80-200mm lens...
Some dried up flowers.
Passed the railroad.
Had to pay the beehive a visit.
Must say it sure is easier to get some nice shots when having some more working distance!
Before I got any further I got interrupted by a phone call, Robert was bored, he was driving home to Borlänge from Stockholm, slightly over two hours later he was in Borlänge at his father and finished the call. =)

Couldn't resist taking this last shot of this tiny rodent (probably a common shrew), surprisingly intact, while talking on the phone.
The weather forecast promised fairly good weather for tomorrow so the chance is that there will be more opportunities for shooting again...

1 comment: