Friday, February 27, 2009

I was right!

I knew it! Posted some 'doodles' earlier that I had made during work meetings to keep me awake, seems like it's now proved that doodling makes you more alert during meetings and such.



"Doodling may look messy, but it could in fact be a sign of an alert mind, a study suggests.

Plymouth University researchers carried out memory tests on 40 volunteers, asking them to listen to a phone call and recall names and places.

Doodlers performed 29% better than non-doodlers, the team found.

Experts said doodling stopped people from daydreaming, which was a more taxing diversion, and so was good at helping people focus on mundane tasks."

More on the story on BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7912671.stm

2 comments:

  1. If that is true you need to doodle way more 'cause your memory generally sucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who remembered what model of Giant it was?! Huh?! Huh?!? ;)

    I'm just bad at remembering names, however I remember faces and lot of other trivial stuff!

    Compared to how bad my memory was when it at it worst it's like a library right now, luckily I realized it before I became a zombie! Long story, glad I managed to get away relatively intact...

    ReplyDelete