Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tracktion..

Well, a few weeks ago I realized I had never unmounted the Endomorph tires on my Surly Pugsley and I thought it would be better to try that in a warm appartment and not in the cold, far out in the forrest!

While I was at it anyway, I decided to mount a Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4" tire on the Large Marge rims just for the sake of it. The installation was suprisingly easy.

Here's the result:


Lost a few centimeters of 'suspension' due to the loss of air volume compared to the 3.7" endomorphs and the geometry of the bike got a bit forward leaning but the tracktion was great!

Perhaps some day I invest in a pair on Kenda Nevegal 2.7" tires: http://forums.mtbr.com

2 comments:

  1. Put on a pair of skinny semislicks just for the heck of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting! Wonder how wide they made the Kojaks?

    ReplyDelete